It will require that you select a topic that is relevant to our course and develop an informational presentation. The power point topic presentation should be one that can be of informational value to your hypothetical educational program parents. You will need to access any of the search engines eric.ed.gov, or you can access our campus library database, EBSCO.
You will need to select a topic you may be interested in learning more about that is related to the course of study. You will research the topic and read the minimum of three articles that will provide you enough information to assist you in developing a “mock” parent meeting using the powerpoint software to develop your presentation.
Please see the list of attachments below for instructions and examples. Make sure to submit all of the following items (1-7) on the class site under your name only.
- Two page summarizing of all three articles you read for information on the topic you have selected.
- Copy of Flyer you have developed.
- Copy of your Agenda.
- Copy of your Ice Breaker.
- Copy of Bibliography with minimum of three sources. Source material must be from a professional source. A professional source refers to articles published in peer reviewed journals and from professional organizations and academic institutions. These can be found using the EBSCO Database available only through the ELAC library/resource website. http://researchguides.elac.edu/databases. Other articles can be found in books and reputable web sites such as, www.eric.ed.gov/
- Copy of Sample Evaluation.
- Copy of your powerpoint presentation with a minimum of five slides.